A living potato who is very famous in Peppa's world. He is often with Mademoiselle Potato on television, and is associated with Mrs Carrot, Sweet Cranberry, and Little Sprout. It can be implied that Mr. Potato is simply just someone in a costume but there will be no evidence to support this as the series is told from a child's perspective.
Mr. Potato is an active and popular figure. He is known by everyone, and is admired by them - but he remains humble. He enjoys spending time with children, and hosts many events, including grand openings and sporting competitions (such as puddle jumps).
Mr. Potato is a giant, golden-brown potato with dull red lips and a curled black mustache. His eyes are black dots. On his head is a pale brown hat.
"You should eat lots of fruits and vegetables!"
"Please welcome your friend of mine, Mr. Potato!"
"Let's do some jumping up and down!"
"Welcome to Potato City! Where the magic of vegetables never ends, see how vegetables grow, learn how they keep us fit and healthy!"
"Mmm...looks like Daddy Pig needs some exercise!"
"But this picture from Peppa Pig is my favorite, it shows Daddy Pig watching television!"
"Uh...how do you know that?!" (to Edmond Elephant).
"What an exciting race!"
"Anyway, children like dinosaurs!"
- He is one of the few living vegetables in the series, with the others being Mademoiselle Potato, Mrs Carrot, Sweet Cranberry and Little Sprout.
- He is also called Detective Potato and his appearance is similar to Sherlock Holmes, one of the most famous British detectives.
- Daddy Pig owns a keychain on his keys shaped like Mr. Potato.
- He drives what resembles a clown car.
- He a bit resembles Mr. Potato Head from the Toy Story Franchise.